· Western Art History Approaches
“The Female Figure in Western Art”
Art of women in Ancient Greece Statutes
Examine how the female figure has been represented in western art history, beginning in prehistoric art and through the fourteenth century.
· Build your discussion on (3 minimum – 5 maximum) specific works of art, using visual and historical analysis.
· Please refer to “Guide: Writing a Formal Analysis”.
· Use MLA to cite your sources, you will need at least five. They can be web based but please do not use Wikipedia.
· Include a cited image of your selected work
· Between 500-750 words typed = 3-4 pages (not including image)
· 1.5 spaced.
· Include image and ID (artist’s name, title of work, date of work’s completion, material)
· Include a thesis statement in the introductory paragraph.
· Include a ‘works cited’ page with at least three accredited sources (the textbook can be one of them) – wikipedia, khan academy etc are NOT accredited.
5. Hint – check museum websites.
4. Worth 200 points.
About the Outline
Sample of Developed Outline
Introduction: Tell the basic facts about the art (see citing your image). Get the reader interested in the image by using one of the following methods:
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here